May 19, 2017

Doily Making...

I was in the doily making mood so I went with it.

I don't usually crochet doilies.  In fact I can't remember when was the last time I made one.  I know I've made a few of them before but not many.  It's a small one so it came together rather quickly.  I took it with me last weekend on our trip to Albuquerque.  We went to watch the state track meet.  We had a few special people we wanted to watch compete.  It was a four hour trip up there and a four hour trip back home.  I finished it by the time we made it home.

You like my vintage spice canister?  I picked it up at my favorite charity shop this week.  Only it's not a spice canister.  It wasn't until I made it home that I opened the lid and read that it was a tobacco canister.  Oops!  I picked up two of them.   The other one says ginger on the front so I know that one is a spice jar.  I just assumed this one was too.  I hope no one notices.  It might look a little shady sitting on the preachers kitchen counter.  Ha ha!  I don't endorse tobacco products I just like old stuff.

:)

 Really I don't think anyone will mind.
I don't think anyone would look that close anyway right?

Picked up these cool storage jars at WM.  I have a thing for jars and these were hard to pass up.  Take a look at the lids.  Aren't they fab????
Love the Pioneer Woman line.

The pattern for the doily is a free one I found on the web.
The link is here if you're interested.

I'm so happy it's Friday.  The track meet last weekend was fun.  I cheered a lot for our home team but sitting in the blistering hot sun on metal bleachers is exhausting.   I'm looking forward to a wonderful and restful weekend.  Maybe I'll crochet another doily.

Til next time.

♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty doily in a lovely colour. I really like the glass jars, I find bits like that hard to resist too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love that sweet doily! Maybe this winter I may try making one! And your tins are just adorable, and no one will notice the tobacco emblem LOL
    I also love glass jars to store crackers and such in them! Hope you have a nice weekend!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty I love the colour, it must be the week of the doily because ive been making them too. Have a great weekend. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty post . . . love the tins and your doily is so pretty. That's a lost art and it's great to see that you are keeping it alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your crochet doily.. and the vintage canister is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a pretty doily and I love those cute canisters!
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a lovely doily! Thank you for the link! That website has such beautiful doily patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. I take time to read each and every one and will do my best to return the visit.