I've had the idea for a crochet lampshade floating around in my mind for a while now, and I finally got around to making one.
I searched the internet looking for some kind of pattern or guide but the few that I found all said the same thing....
You just have to wing it...
Just make it up as you go.
So that's what I did.
I experimented a little bit, even had to rip it out a few times until I got the look I wanted. I decided I liked the look of the shell stitch better than a simple single crochet or double crochet. This lamp shade from Ravelry was my inspiration. It was a little tricky working around the wire frame but other than that it was fairly easy. I started at the bottom and worked my way up decreasing shell stitches to keep it fairly tight.
I had a purpose for it in mind even before I started it.
I needed a place to keep my earrings. A place I can just hook them onto and keep them together.
No more digging around looking for pairs in my jewelry box. Now they are in plain sight, nice and neat where I reach for whichever ones I want. I think I accomplished what I wanted. It's perfect.
Now I have to announce the winner of the giveaway I held last week. The random number generator picked number 15.
Julie Corbisiero left the fifteenth comment and is the winner!
Julie, I will be emailing you for your mailing information.
Thanks to all who entered. It was a lot of fun.
I hope to do it again sometime soon.